A fine antique pendant in an elegant trefoil clover motif, the graceful linear form set throughout with pearls around a central demantoid garnet.
- Crafted in 15ct gold and stamped 15ct.
- Dates to circa 1900.
- In excellent condition.
- Demantoid garnet approx. 0.20ct
- Length including bail 35mm x 24mm width.
- Weighs 3.1g
- Free shipping worldwide and returnable for a full refund – see policy.
- Layaway available - reserve with a 30% deposit and pay in instalments. Please enquire for further details.
This piece was made at the end of the Victorian era, circa 1900. Jewellery of the late 19th century became smaller and more delicate than the traditional earlier Victorian pieces. A special interest was taken in the romantic language of flowers with each leaf or flower having a particular symbolic meaning. The meaning of the clover leaf when presented to a loved one is ‘think of me’, the three leaves also symbolic of love, hope and faith. Demantoid garnets are a rare and valuable gemstone, most commonly found in jewellery from the late-19th to early 20th century.
Have a question about this piece? Contact us here quoting item #166